Year 6 - Mrs Loughran 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 6. Our Class Teacher is Mrs Loughran and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Desai.
If you have any issues or need to contact me, please do not hesitate to do so via my school email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
What has Year 6 been up to so far this year? Despite bubbles and lockdowns, we have managed to accomplish lots of learning and fun into our days. Take a look at some of the things we have done so far this year :
The children enjoyed 'The Explorer' by Katherine Rundell. We used the outdoors for drama as we freeze framed some of the dramatic scenes. We also made actual jungle meals from the resources we foraged in our wooded area, then designed adverts for our tantalising meals! Who wouldn't want a delicious, grub-filled meal that could make your taste buds tingle and elevate your experiences to the highest of heights?
We use practical resources in our maths lesson wherever possible to translate a solid understanding of the concepts the children learn.
In as much as we work hard in class, there is always the chance to take opportunities when they come our way. Here we are when the snow arrived in Barton :
We love our class novels in Year 6. As well as reading The Wizard of Oz, Year 6 were introduced to William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet - we even managed a masquerade ball remotely!
As some of our subjects weave seamlessly together, we often link our outcomes together. We initially studied branching databases in science and worked on categorising insects in the environment. After that, we chose our favourite and explored proportion and shading in art. Our art creations were brought to life in DT when we created wire model sculptures and used mod roc to finish them off. We've had a wonderful time.
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
Files to Download
Year 6 - Mrs Loughran: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6 - Mrs Loughran: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6 - Mrs Loughran: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6 - Mrs Loughran: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display