Early Years - Mrs Rogerson 2020 - 2021
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
If you would like to share any of your child's fantastic achievements with us, or you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email:
The Early Years Foundation Stage is the stage in your child's learning from birth to 5 years old. This is the time in school that we call Early Years. In your child's first year at school we aim to prepare the children for the rest of their school career. Children will have a range of experiences and opportunities to gain everyday skills and develop in a variety of areas of learning. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. A link to the parents guide can be found here.
These documents will give an overview of the objectives and development statements we will be working on each term in EYFS. These overviews are not set in stone and, as each child develops at an individual rate, the children may access the development statements at different times to suit their developmental stage.
We have three adults in Early Years, a teacher and two teaching assistants. Our class has an attached outdoor play area. In our class we enjoy a variety of adult led and self chosen indoor and outdoor activities.
All of our work from the provision in the classroom is recorded using the Earwig system. If you would like to see your child's learning journey, and comment on any of the records, please log in through the Earwig website for up to date images and records.
Our Amazing Work
We have worked together to make a sweet pea teepee. The children helped to fill the pots with compost, dig wells in the compost and plant the seedlings. We looked closely at the roots of the seedlings and the seeds they had been grown from. The children then carefully covered the roots in compost and helped to arrange the pots to make a circle ready for the plants to grow and form our teepee shape.
We have also been a part of the story telling workshop produced by Settle Schools. In the workshop an author was live in our classroom (via zoom) to tell their story with us. We used actions, character voices and sign language to re-tell the story of a skunk who went to the moon. We had a wonderful time!
Have a look at some of the wonderful work we have completed using Purple Mash.
Files to Download
Early Years - Mrs Rogerson: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Early Years - Mrs Rogerson: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display